YOU KNOW YOU’RE A TRAVEL HACKER WHEN…
- You get an adrenaline rush when get the “APPROVED” screen on your online credit card applications.
- You know how to juggle 25+ open credit card accounts.
- You willingly put family’s members purchases on your credit card so you can collect the points.
- You relate cities to their airport codes, which you don’t need to look up.
- You know what and/or have been to the Chicago Seminars or FTU.
- You’ll gladly do mattress runs for extra points…and that’s not an obscene thing.
- You know which of the 6 credit cards in your wallet to use to get the most points at a retailer.
- You’re not ashamed to charge $1.19 to your credit card (for extra points of course).
- You’ve used the Matrix (the ITA Matrix that is).
- You’re constantly checking your twitter feed for the latest mistake or low fares.
- You have frequent flyer #’s for more airlines than most people have heard of.
- You know what countries are in Asia 1 and Asia 2 on the award charts.
- You’ve been through portals and it’s thrilling! (shopping portals).
- You panic when your trip planner app is empty.
- You yell “YES” when you see that your 50,000 points posted to your mileage account after meeting the minimum spend on your new credit card.
- You’ve taken a first class flight, enjoyed airport lounges and stayed at 5 star hotels for pennies.
- You’ve opened 3-5 credit cards in one day.
- You open new credit cards every 3-6 months.
- You religiously check the travel blogs daily to see if you missed anything.
- You’re constantly thinking of where to go next and how to get there for cheap.
IF ALL THIS MAKES YOU EXCITED, HAPPY AND SMILE…YOU’RE A TRAVEL HACKER!
Now go explore the world!
I’m guilty of all of these and I wouldn’t change a thing!
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add!