Mileage: 260

Time:  about 6.5 hours which included an hour stop at Wal Mart.  

MPG: 10.3

Our first stop this morning was for gas.  It seems like we have to get gas about every 4-5 hours.  Pretty rediculous!  After that we had a pretty uneventful travel day.  We crossed into Missouri for only a short while.

There are lots of hawks hunting for prey along the roadsides as we head south into Arkansas.

In West Memphis we stopped for gas (again!) and ate lunch in the camper in the Wal Mart parking lot.  We let the kids out hoping they’d “do their business”, but they did not.  We ran into Wal Mart to pick up some things that we forgot at home – namely the pooper scooper for the litter box and DEF fluid for the truck.  $13 later and we were back on the road.  We only drove about half an hour further before coming to our campground.  It was pretty much just a parking lot on the side of the highway.  Jerry really didn’t want to listen to trucks all night, so I called a state park only 20 minutes further and that’s where we ended up.  It’s so so quiet here! 

We see only two other campers and two tents in the park.  It’s very wooded and hilly.  It’s part of Crowley’s Ridge, which is a unique area of land in northeastern Arkansas that formed from erosion and sedimentation of the rivers after the ice age.  There are many different and unique (to Arkansas) trees in the park.  I’m sure it’s absolutely beautiful in the spring and fall!  

There are deep ravines –  one of which we are parked at the bottom of, and alongside a small creek.  

Tonight we have electric AND water.  We got set up, I vacuumed and had coffee, then had my first shower in two days!!  Heaven!! We have no cell signal in the park but we get tv reception!  I was looking forward to watching a movie on my phone taped to the ceiling again, but instead we watched Bernie Mac and Walker Texas Ranger on the real TV.  Not many channels to choose from here. 

The kids are doing great!  Everyone’s using the litter box, eating, drinking, and snuggling.  Kirby’s really taken to exploring!  He was checking out the squirrels outside today.

Basically, it took about 48 hours for them to return to their normal selves, although I think Maya’s going to need a little more time.  She’s still pretty skittish and spending most of her time under the kitchen table in her new bed.

Dinner was salad with pecans, cranberries, apples, mozzarella, red onion and sweet Italian dressing – our new favorite (thanks Donna for the recipe!)
Again it got down to 22 degrees with a windchill of 17.  Brrr!  I’m still looking for the southern warmth and hoping to find it soon!!